Graphite electrodes are used widely in China in electric arc furnaces, which are utilized in the manufacturing of scrap steel and other industries.
As an electrode material, graphite has the following advantages to copper;
1. Faster processing speed: under normal circumstances, the machining speed of graphite is 2 to 5 times faster than that of copper;
2. Lighter weight: the density of graphite is 1/5 of copper’s density;
3. Graphite has less discharge consumption than copper;
4. No burr-there is no burr in the graphite processing, which can save a large amount of cost and also make it easier torealize automatic production;
5. Graphite is easier to conduct grinding and polishing than copper;
6. Graphite has lower material costs and more stable prices than copper.